to Send/Receive Files Back to Home Page
[ * NOTE: This is for PC's . . . If you have a Macintosh, you'll need to use FETCH. ]
This tutorial will guide you step by step on how to configure WS_FTP to exchange files between your Windows 95, 98, NT, or XP computer and Steven Label's FTP site. In order to follow along with us, you'll need to have WS_FTP LE or the Pro version of WS_FTP downloaded and installed, and you'll need to be connected to the internet via your ISP or online service provider. You'll also need to have a User ID, Password, and Host Directory name from our customer service.
Step 1 - Download WS_FTP
If you haven't already done so, please download WS_FTP Pro and install it on your computer. Here is a link to IPSWITCH's website for a evaluation copy of WS_FTP Pro.
Step 2 - Open WS_FTP and create a Session Profile.
Once you open WS_FTP, the first screen you will see is the Session Properties screen, which will look similar to this:
1. You'll need to enter the following settings in your Session Profile:
2. If you wish, you may choose to save your password so that you don't have to enter it each time you log in with WS_FTP. If you wish to enable this time saving feature, check the box marked 'Save Pwd'
3. Be sure the Anonymous box is unchecked.
4. Next, click on the Startup tab and you'll see the following window:
5. Type the Cartoon Character Name (given to you by customer service) in the Initial Remote Host Directory area. Use an underscore line "_" between words (do not use the space bar). There is no need to enter any other information beyond this.
6. When you are finished entering these settings, click on the OK button, and you will be connected to your own private FTP Directory on Steven Label's server (no one else will be able to open or see what is in there unless they have the correct ID and password).Step 3 - Transferring Files Back and Forth
Now that you are logged into Steven Label's FTP site, the WS_FTP screen should look similar to this:
As shown above, the left hand window displays the directories and files on your local hard drive, and the right hand window displays your directory and files on Steven Label's FTP site. To transfer files from one window to the other, simply click once on the file you wish to transfer, then click once on the arrow between the two windows, which points in the direction that you wish to transfer the file to.Tips & Suggestions
1. Directly below the local and remote windows, you'll notice three buttons labeled
WS_FTP LE also allows you to create new directories, delete directories, as well as delete and rename files. These features are available by choosing the buttons to the right of the Remote System window.Step 4 - Ending Your FTP Session
To disconnect from Steven Label's FTP site, click on the Close or Exit buttons at the bottom of the screen. The next time you connect with WS_FTP, your session profile will be saved for you. Simply make sure you have the right profile, and choose the "Connect" button.
Call us Toll Free at 800-SLC4YOU / Fax: (562) 698-1507 / E-mail Webmaster@stevenlabel.com